Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Oct 24
In November of 2011, Richard Swift and Jessie Baylin selected their favorite cover tunes, and recorded them over four days on 4-track cassette which was released digitally on Nov 20, 2011,for one month and then pulled down. Eight years later, Pleasure Center is being commercially released for the first time with one new bonus track. This will be pressed on 45 RPM 12” marbled black and white vinyl and limited to 1000 pieces worldwide. Produced by Richard Swift. Performed by Jessie Baylin + Richard Swift. Recorded at Jessie Baylin's home in Nashville, TN.on four track cassette, November 14-18, 2011 Cover art by Richard Swift. Additional photos by Jessie Baylin & Richard Swift.
Dedicated to the memory of Richard Swift
1. Little Trouble Girl [Sonic Youth] 2. I Couldn’t Say It To Your Face [Arthur Russell] 3. White Noise 4. Storms [Stevie Nicks] 5. A Song For While I’m Away [Thin Lizzy] 6. Black Blood (Acoustic Demo) [Jessie Baylin & Richard Swift]
New Vinyl: $11.98 Buy
Exclusive 7" from legendary artist Beck. Featuring never-before-heard Khruangbin remix for "No Distraction" as well as previously released "Uneventful Days (St. Vincent Remix)"
SIDE A “No Distraction (Khraungbin Remix)”
SIDE B “Uneventful Days (St Vincent Remix)”
The Young Fresh Fellows are back with an electric new toaster, Toxic Youth. Remember their 1989 anthem “Two Guitars Bass & Drums”? Well, nothing has changed, except for everything. Hopes have been dashed, but the men still love music. Subtitled Back To The Egg, the Fellows return to where it all began, with one last roundup at the infamous Egg Studios, Seattle WA, produced once again by Conrad Uno (who also struck gold with The Presidents Of The United States Of America). When heard that Uno was closing up his studio and retiring from the limelight, the band grabbed a last weekend to record a couple songs (they had THREE in various shape of decomposition). A couple days later there were 17 tracks, of which 12 were deemed PERFECT. 'Gear Summer 2013' is Everything-Is-Falling-Apart-In-Three-Minutes, and was planned to be a smash summer single ' in 2013 (amazingly, things have gotten worse). The Buzzcocks and Rezillos concur. 'Never Had It Bad' heralds the spring with blue jays and more sad punk-pop problem-solving, Ramones-style. And don't miss the heart-rending saga of a rock and roll band(s) (#47 in a series) 'Bleed Out'. Pressed on "toxic" transparent green vinyl.
1. November 2. Never Had It Bad 3. Gear Summer 2013 4. Becky Doll 5. Black Boots 6. Alien Overlord 7. Alone In A Bus 8. Young Mod's Last Ride 9. She's By Request 10. Fugitive Arise 11. Astondale 12. Bleed Out
New Vinyl: $38.98 Buy
In 1988, Frank Zappa released the first installment of You Can’t Do That On Stage Anymore, a 6 volume series (12 discs total) consisting of hand picked live performances from his legendary Vault. The series was intended for CD, a relatively new medium at the time. Since vinyl & cassette were still considered the main formats, FZ created this sampler to promote the project & provide motivation to embrace the CD series. The material for the sampler was culled from tracks ranging from 1969 to 1984. The original ‘88 vinyl was mastered by Bernie Grundman. This 2020 collector’s edition is again mastered by Bernie from the original 1630 Digital Master & pressed on 180gram individual red & yellow transparent vinyl by Pallas in Germany.
LP1 / SIDE A – 1. Plastic People, 2. The Torture Never Stops
LP1 / SIDE B – 1. Montana (Whipping-floss), 2. The Evil Prince, 3. You Call That Music?
LP2 / SIDE A – 1. Sharleena, 2. Nanook Rubs It
LP2 / SIDE B – 1. The Florida Airport Tape, 2. Once Upon A Time, 3. King Kong, 4. Dickie's Such An Asshole, 5. Cosmic Debris
The first vinyl release for their massive 2003 single.
1. Needy Girl (Zdar Dub) 2. Needy Girl (Paper Faces Remix) 3. Needy Girl (Album Version)
1. Needy Girl (Lifelike Remix) 2. Needy Girl (Bloc Party Remix) 3. Needy Girl (Instrumental)
First-ever vinyl reissue of the 1990 album from the beloved Australian band. Gold vinyl.
Pharaoh; Metropolis; Terra Nova Cain; City; Russian Autumn Heart; Essence; You're Still Beautiful; Disappointment; Transient; Fading Away; Grind
New Vinyl: $22.98 Buy
Hikari-Ultra/Republic Records duo City Morgue debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Rock Albums Chart and in the top 20 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart with their latest album CITY MORGUE VOL 2: AS GOOD AS DEAD. The pair—SosMula and ZillaKami—launch a full-scale infiltration of both the rock and hip-hop marketplace with this culture-splitting album. Limited edition Record Store Day LP pressed on red & white splattered vinyl. First time the album will be available in the physical market.
SIDE A –
1. NECK BRACE, 2. INFERIOR, 3. DRAINO (feat. Denzel Curry), 4. THE GIVE UP, 5. THRESH, 6. SPLINTER, 7. MINIMIZYA, 8. THE BALLOONS
SIDE B –
1. SOUL BURN, 2. 16 TOES, 3. WOAH, 4. DIRTNAP, 5. C4, 6. BABYWIPES, 7. MOUTHGUARD, 8. SCREAMING AT THE RAIN, 9. PEELING SCABS
DVD: $19.95 PRE ORDER
Capturing the messy upheaval of the ’70s just as rock was re-inventing itself, Creem: America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine explores the publication’s humble beginnings in post-riot Detroit, follows its upward trajectory from underground paper to national powerhouse, then bears witness to its imminent demise following the tragic and untimely deaths of its visionary publisher, Barry Kramer, and its most famous alum and genius clown prince, Lester Bangs, a year later. Fifty years after publishing its first issue, “America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine remains a seditious spirit in music and culture.
Dandy Warhols cover The Velvet Underground's “Femme Fatale”, with Bebe Buell on vocals for a new studio recording. B-side is a new acoustic recording of the band's single ''Killing Me”.
The cover art for the 7'' features Bebe and Nico from back in the 70's.
"Femme Fatale" b/w "Killing Me"
Alejandro Escovedo's critically acclaimed album The Crossing with the vocals recorded in Spanish, pressed on red, white and green striped double vinyl.
1. Andare 2. Footsteps In the Shadows 3. Texas Is My Mother 4. Teenage Luggage 5. Something Blue 6. Outlaw For You 7. Amor 8. Puro 9. Waiting For Me 10. How Many Times 11. Cherry Blossom Rain 12. Sonica USA 13. Rio Navidad 14. Silver City 15. Fury and Fire 16. Flying 17. MC Overload 18. The Crossing
New Vinyl: $39.98 Buy
The original Frumpie One Piece release was only on CD. It was a collection of tracks previously released over five 7" singles, from a Bikini Kill-related band who were conceived as a singles project. This vinyl release includes the songs from the CD as well as the one 7 inch that was released after the collection (Frumpies Forever 7"). The personnel of this band was 3/4 of Bikini Kill (Tobi Vail, Kathi Wilcox, Billy Karren), plus 1/3 of Bratmobile (Molly Neuman), and they were sometimes joined by Michelle Mae, who went on to be in The Make-Up and Weird War. The Frumpies were formed in Washington DC during the same 1991 summer that birthed the first Riot Grrrl zines and meetings, which the Frumpies dubbed Revolution Summer.
1 Malice And Discontent 2 I Just Wanna Puke On The Stereo 3 Do You Wanna Donuts 4 Baby Plays For Pritty 5 Alien Summer 6 Fuck Kitty 7 Giveaway Pile 8 Weird Machine 9 Intertube Tomorrow 10 Be Good 11 Whatshisname Hearts The Frumpies 12 She's A Real Cutie Pie 13 Safety First 14 Weary Ingenues And Snotty Brats 15 Duvet Ta 16 Fake Antagonism Rules, Okay 17 Tommy Slich 18 Deliberate Indifference 19 Planet What 20 Fuck Yr. Frumpies 21 Eunuch Nights 22 Of Ever And Now On 23 You'll See 24 Wrong Way Round
Side A: Frumpies Forever / Don't Wanna Go Home
Side B: Turn off the Faucet/ Tell Me
Recovered from the depths of the Rory Gallagher archive comes ‘Cleveland Calling’ a previously unreleased radio session recorded at WNCR in Cleveland on August 7th,1972. This intimate 8-song acoustic session and interview with DJ Carolyn Thomas was found on a small 7” reel and will be released for the first time for Record Store Day 2020.
SIDE A –
1. Pistol Slapper Blues 2. Don't Know Where I'm Going 3. Gypsy Woman 4. Out Of My Mind
SIDE B –
1. The Cuckoo 2. Bankers Blues 3. Should've Learned My Lesson 4. Blow Wind Blow
Born Jayceon Terrell Taylor, two-time GRAMMY® Award-nominated multiplatinum Compton rapper, songwriter, producer, actor, and entrepreneur The Game locked down a place in the pantheon alongside greats of both coasts with a combination of bar-for-bar bravado, provocative observation, hard-hitting hooks, and sharp introspection. And now the prolific rapper returns with his ninth album, fittingly titled Born 2 Rap. Pressed on Red, White and Blue triple vinyl for Record Store Day, marking the album’s vinyl debut.
Intro. City of Sin (feat. Ed Sheehan), 1. No Smoke (feat. Travis Barker & Miguel), 2. Five Hundred Dollar Candles (feat. Dom Kennedy), 3. The Light, 4. Carmen Electra (feat. Mozzy, Osbe Chill & TOBi)
5. Dead Homies (feat. Red Café), 6. Gold Daytonas (feat. Dom Kennedy), 7. West Side, 8. 40 Ounce Love (feat. Just Liv)
9. Gucci Flip Flops, 10. Born 2 Rap, 11. Welcome Home (feat. Nipsey Hussle), 12. Interlude. Help Me (feat. Sly)
13. I Didn’t Wanna Write This Song (feat. Marsha Ambrosius), 14. The Code (feat. 21 Savage), 15. Stay Down (feat. Bryson Tiller), 16. Hug The Block
17. Ask For Me, 18. Stainless (feat. Anderson .Paak), 19. Gangstas Make The Girls Go Wild (feat. Chris Brown), 20. Blood Thicker Than Water (feat. Trey Songz)
21. Rewind II, 22. One Life (feat. J Stone & Masego), 23. Cross On Jesus Back (feat. D Smoke), 24. Roadside (feat. Ed Sheeran)
Infectious Grooves, the funk metal supergroup led by Suicidal Tendencies frontman Mike Muir, is back! Take You On A Ride (EP) features three unreleased tracks from 1995 along with their first newly recorded song in years. Infectious Grooves features bassist Robert Trujillo (Metallica), drummer Brooks Wackerman (Avenged Sevenfold), Dean Pleasants (Suicidal Tendencies), and other veteran players. The EP comes on 12" transparent orange vinyl, mastered at 45RPM, exclusively for Record Store Day 2020.
“Funny Farm”/ “Payback’s A Bitch”/ “What Goes Up” / “Take You On A Ride”
Lil’ Kim’s first new album in fifteen years features Rick Ross, Musiq Soulchild, Rich The Kid, City Girls, and O.T. Genesis and now it’s been pressed on sky blue vinyl.
1. Pray For Me (feat. Rick Ross & Musiq Soulchild), 2. Bag, 3. Catch My Wave (feat. Rich The Kid), 4. Go Awff, 5. Too Bad
1. You Are Not Alone, 2. Found You (feat. City Girls & O.T. Genasis), 3. Auto Blanco, 4. Jet Fuel, 5. Spicy (feat. Fabolous)
When headbanger historians look back on the important heavy metal and hard rock bands that were active during the '70s, Mahogany Rush's name doesn't come up nearly as often as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Kiss, Van Halen, Judas Priest, Blue Öyster Cult or Aerosmith -- and that is regrettable because Frank Marino led one of the '70s' most exciting hard rock/metal outfits. Mahogany Rush is, without question, underrated. Marino's refusal to change with the times is just as well -- he is great at what he does, and the singer/guitarist is as inspired on original material as he is on performances of the Zombies' "She's Not There" and two Hendrix classics: "Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)" and "Red House."
Recorded live at Club Soda in Montreal, Canada on September 8, 2001.
First time on vinyl. Embossed deluxe gatefold with live photos and enhanced liner notes.
1. Voodoo Chile, 2. Something’s Comin’ Our Way (Excerpt), 3. He’s Calling (Part 1)
1. He’s Calling (Part 2), 2. Red House
1. Guitar Prelude to a Hero, 2. Stories of a Hero, 3. Poppy (Part 1)
1. Poppy (Part 2), 2. She’s Not There, 3. Crossroads, 4. She’s Not There (Return), 5. Poppy (Return) 1
Since its discovery over 100 years ago, the vinyl record has revolutionized the way people hear and feel recorded music. Vinyl records are Alex Rodriguez’s drug, and he’s turned his addiction into a career. Running the Glass House record store and curating the on-site record store at the Coachella Music Festival, Alex spends weeks on the road, digging in crates across America, swapping stories with fellow collectors, musicians, enthusiasts and producers. Record Safari follows his travels, giving us an intimate inside look into the world of record collecting.
Featuring interviews with Pete Rock, Lenny Kaye, DJ Monalisa Murray, Oliver Wang, Valerie Calano, Slug and Ant from Atmosphere, Sheila Burgel, Steven Blush, Rebecca Birmingham, Jamison Harvey aka DJ Prestige, Kevin Patrick, and many more, the film explores the many reasons people become vinyl enthusiasts. Is it just a hobby or something deeper and more meaningful? What explains vinyl’s steady popularity in the age of streaming? Alex explores these and many more questions throughout the journey he takes with friends new and old.
Record Safari is a film for music lovers, and will reignite their passion for physical media. Tag along for the journey as Alex travels far and wide, searching high and low for these very sought-after pieces of plastic.
30th Anniversary edition of Lou Reed’s album recorded with his fellow Velvet Underground co-founder John. A concept album and tribute to their friend and mentor Andy Warhol who had died a couple of years earlier…
“…here they [Reed & Cale] paint a portrait of Warhol that has far more depth and poignancy than his public image would have led one to expect. It's a moving and deeply felt tribute to a misunderstood man, and it's a pleasure to hear these two comrades-in-arms working together again, even if their renewed collaboration was destined to be short-lived.” All Music Review
This double vinyl edition, exclusive to Record Store Day is pressed on audiophile, heavyweight vinyl and includes an etching on Side 4. Limited to 8500 copies worldwide.
New Vinyl: $12.98 Buy
This red vinyl 7” single features the rare Keith Richards track “Key To The Highway” which only ever saw release on the Japanese version of the album Main Offender, along with that album’s classic “Hate It When You Leave.”
"Hate It When You Leave" b/w "Key To The Highway"
New Vinyl: $25.99 Buy
The much-anticipated, full-length debut album from Royal Horses, a South Mississippi-based Americana trio, featuring ten original songs recorded in New Orleans. Music critic Mik Davis has called the album a "stunning first chapter for the powerful trio." Released exclusively on 180g audiophile vinyl, each purchase comes with a free digital download that is not otherwise available on traditional music streaming sites. THIS TITLE IS CHAMPIONED BY T-BONES RECORDS & CAFÉ IN HATTIESBURG MS. IT’S AVAILABLE TO ALL STORES BUT WILL MOST LIKELY BE FOUND IN THAT REGION.
1). Bottom of the Chart, 2). A Modern Man's Way to Improve, 3). Valley of the New, 4). Who Do You Know?, 5). There She Walks, 6). Leave a Light, 7). Call it War, 8). Rattlesnake Smoking a Cigarette, 9). Ruby Do, 10). BLD
New Vinyl: $22.98 Buy
This Record Store Day 2020 exclusive features tracks from acclaimed composer Ryuichi Sakamoto (The Revenant, The Last Emperor) heard in "Smithereens" - the second episode of the fifth series of the anthology series Black Mirror. The cover art showcases an original design from Sakamoto’s long-time collaborator, Alva Noto.
“meditation app”, “plot”, “this is my last day”, “hayley”, “prey”, “chain smoking addict”, “chase”, “reverse surface”, “closing in”, “countdown”, “retreat”, :flashback”, :gun is real”, “shot”, “degrade”, “car crash”, :this is my last day 2”, “release”
The vinyl release of the latest album from the legendary Snoop Dogg! Featuring appearances from Wiz Khalifa, Russ, Slick Rick, YG, Mustard, Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi, Trey Songz, Nate Dogg, and more!
1. “What U Talkin' Bout” | 2. “So Misinformed (feat. Slick Rick)” | 3. “Let Bygones be Bygones” | 4. “One Blood, One Cuzz (feat. DJ Battlecat)” | 5. “Countdown (feat. Swizz Beatz)” | 6. “I C Your Bullshit” | 7. “Turn Me On (feat. Chris Brown)” | 8. “Blue Face Hunnids (feat. YG & Mustard)” | 9. “New Booty” | 10. “Take Me Away (feat. Russ & Wiz Khalifa)” |11. “Do It When I'm In It (feat. Jermaine Dupri, Ozuna, Slim Jxmmi)” | 12. “First Place (feat. Tdot Illdude)” | 13. “Focused” | 14. “Rise To The Top (feat. Trey Songz & Swizz Beatz)” | 15. “Wintertime in June (feat. Nate Dogg)” | 16. “Doo Wop Thank Me (feat. The HamilTones)” | 17. “Main Phone (feat. Rick Rock & Stressmatic)” | 18. “Do You Like I Do (feat. Lil Duval)” | 19. “I've Been Looking For You (feat. Eric Jaye)” | 20. “Little Square UBitchU (feat. Anitta)” | 21. “Ventalation (feat. RJmrLA, $tupid Young, Azjah)”| 22. “I Wanna Thank Me (feat. Markknoxx)”